AUPWAE does this by;
- Solicit funding to enable AUPWAE implement livelihood improvement projects for rural women.
- Conducting Participatory Needs Assessment.
- Monitor and supervise projects to assess impact and ensure sustainability.
- Building Capacity of AUPWAE staff and members at grassroots level in skills in participatory needs assessment, participatory training and extension skills in order to make them more effective.
- Conduct exchange visits and open days for farmers to give them more exposure.
- Collaboration with other actors in the agricultural and environment sectors, to enable AUPWAE provides privatized extension services to rural communities throughout the country.